Saturday, March 10, 2012

I'm tired

Yes, I bet from the fact that I haven't posted in a couple of days you have thought I might be a little under the weather.  The truth is it really hasn't been that bad.  I have just been really tired to the extent I am virtually sleeping between 14 and 16 hours a day.

I haven't experienced any nausea or vomiting, and by now all the chemo should be out of my system.  However, my white blood cell count will not reach a low until early next week, so I think I will just stay tired until then.

I guess one thing that does worry me a bit about the whole procedure is that even though I felt the mobilisation wasn't that bad I did think to myself that I wouldn't want to back up and do it all again the very next day, which is what I will have to do for five days when I do the chemo for the actual stem cell transplant.

But for now it is just lots of sleep for me.  I have to take my temperature twice a day to make sure I do not have a fever and on Sunday I have to start the neupogen shots in order to stimulate my stem cell production.  At that time I also have to start a bunch of prophylactic medications just to make sure I don't get any nasty bugs.  Oh yeah, there is also more blood work to do Monday morning.

Well, that's about it from me for now.  I think I might go back to bed now.  Stay well:)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post Andy. You just rest and stay well! God bless.
    Wendy :)

    ReplyDelete