Monday, March 5, 2012

I am not alone

Not alone.  It sounds like something from an x-files episode, but it isn't.  It is much simpler than that.  After two weeks of being in Chicago by myself I have finally been joined by my wife.  And not a moment too soon either.  On Tuesday I start the treatment proper.  No more doctors appointments, no more tests or uncomfortable procedures.  Tuesday is the beginning of mobilisation.  An overnight stay in hospital where I will receive one dose of chemotherapy in order to stimulate my stem cell production so when it comes time for harvesting I will have plenty of stem cells to collect.

But on the plus side I am not alone anymore.  Having my wife here is awesome.  It is great to have someone here to share things with, someone to talk to and someone for support.  I will probably need the help after mobilisation so it will be great having her here.  Between now and then I have two days with my wife in which we can share the delights of Chicago together.

So what to do?  My wife loves shopping and she doesn't really share my fascination with space and space flight.  If we were here together the whole time she would have let me indulge my passion but since we only have two days I will probably have to switch the Adler Planetarium for Macys.  I am also thinking that the Art gallery might also be a good location.  I hear they have a stunning collection of Van Goughs.

Well, I will tell you what we have done once we have done it.  Until then, stay well:)

2 comments:

  1. Glad she is there safe and by your side! It will be great to not be alone, enjoy shopping!! LOL
    Wendy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yey! Please say hi to her for me. Happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete